Elsa flashes those baby blues.
Over the years, our Adoption Tails initiative has introduced us to some fabulous rescue pets like Elsa. This one-year-old British Cross Persian Chinchilla was rescued when her owner, Eylül saw her picture on the internet and decided to meet her. It wasn’t until Eylül arrived that she realized just how sick Elsa was and immediately took her home to get her the medical attention she needed. Today, Elsa is happy, healthy, and enjoying life in the countryside while keeping up with her social presence on her popular Instagram account @elsathecat__. Here are 5 reasons to follow this pretty kitty, today!
1. Elsa’s Instagram channel is all about the life of a kitten who found her forever home and now lives a life of unlimited cuddles and love from her human. Is there anything better than a happily ever after story? We think not!
2. Elsa enjoys life indoors and outdoors. Whether she is racing around the forest near her home or playing hide-and-seek indoors, you’re guaranteed to see pictures from her latest adventure.
3. Elsa’s spunky personality and kind-hearted spirit shines through, and it’s likely her posts will get a giggle out of you.
4. Have we mentioned how beautiful her eyes are? She can immediately brighten your day with a flash of her big blue eyes.
5. The bond between Elsa and Eylül is so relatable; you’ll want to grab your kitty for extra cuddles or head to your local shelter to find an Elsa of your own.
As Eylül says, “Our pets have incredibly pure souls, and more people should do whatever it takes to make them healthy and happy. They love us unconditionally, and we should do the same in return.” Head over to @elsathecat__ on Instagram and prepare for cuteness overload!
Winni Paw Station beckons with a whimsical sign.
In 2008 Diane Mullen opened Winni Paw Station, the go-to pet store for pet supplies in the lakes region. Wolfeboro, “The Oldest Summer Resort in America”, lures in visitors with its spectacular four-season scenery and abundance of activities. This popular vacation spot is enjoyed by families along with their pets. Having a second home in the lakes region, Diane quickly realized that a full service pet store was missing from the lake region, and Winni Paw Station was born.
Before the store’s opening, Diane studied photos from her Grandfather’s diner in the 40’s, inspired to recreate a general store and tight-knit community feel. When you enter the store today, you’ll immediately feel right at home. From the latest and greatest pet beds to high-quality food, there is something for every pet person.
A welcoming ambiance with plenty of goodies to choose from!
"My objective has always been to provide year-round clientele with healthy food and treats, safe toys and necessities at a competitive price. And to provide summer residents and tourists with unique gift and souvenir items as well." said Diane.
Every visitor needs a Lake Winnipesauke collar, only found at Winni Paw Station.
When the population goes from 6,500 to 35,000 in the summer, the majority of people come in for gift items to bring back to their pet or to outfit their pups for the summer months ahead. A favorite accessory is Winni Paw Station's custom Up Country Lake Winnipesaukee and Lake Region designs. The Lake Winnipesaukee collars feature summer activities on the lake-- the Mt. Washington boat, sailboats, and loons are all symbols of the area. The custom lake region collar displays native fish to the lakes region, with colors reflecting the landscape in Fall.
Hoping to find something for yourself as well? Winni Paw Station has you covered. Most children and even some adults have trouble pronouncing Wolfeboro and instead pronounce it as “Woofboro.” Diane trademarked the term and sells whimsical t-shirts, sweatshirts, and glassware with the catch phrase for the whole family to enjoy.
The Lakes Region collar captures the colors of the lake in Fall.
When asked about her favorite part of the pet industry, Diane’s answer was simple, "The best part of my job is getting to meet all the furry animals that come through our doors. It's just a bonus that the majority of pet owners are happy and fun people."
So if you are visiting beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee be sure to stop by and say "Hi" to the store manager, Judy, or Diane at Winni Paw Station and grab something for both you and pet! #UpCountryRetailer
1. Submit a photo of your pet and/or you and your pet.
2. Tell us why you love being a pet mom!
3. Share with friends if you like!
Enter between 5/1/1 - 5/14/18 for your chance to win one of the following prizes:
First Place Winner: A $75 gift certificate to upcountryinc.com to treat your pet +
a $75 Amex gift card to treat yourself!
Second Place Winner: A $75 gift certificate upcountryinc.com.
Third Place Winner: A $50 gift certificate to upcountryinc.com.
Only one entry per person. Winners will be selected at Up Country's discretion on or about 5/18/18.
ENTER HERE and Good Luck!
Ric makes sure Dolittle's carries only the best food for your pup.
In 1999 Ric Simmons made his dream a reality and opened Dolittle’s, recently named "Charleston's Best Local Pet Store.” Ric grew up with both dogs and cats developing a deep connection to them. So when it came time to choose a career path he zeroed in on what he loved most. After taking an introspective road trip with his wife, they decided to open a "crossbreed" pet boutique with both necessities and unique accessories. Today, Dolittle's is a community of pet lovers and owners who have a common goal in mind; improving their pet's lives with high-quality goods and natural pet food.
Service doesn't get more personal than at Dolittle's!
Dolittle’s will make you feel at home the minute you step through the front door. Ask for guidance, seek advice, and leave satisfied with your four-legged friend. In case you needed any more reasons to stop by, here are eight more to shop at Dolittles:
1. Need dog food, but would also like to browse the best new pet products? Dolittle’s has it all. From a variety of food options to unique accessories made right here in the US, they’ve got you covered.
2. Love to shop for your pet, and your pet is a cat? Dolittle’s isn’t just limited to all things dog. Ric and his wife expanded their offerings to products that will satisfy cat lovers and owners too.
3. Need advice on switching your pet’s food? Dolittle’s staff are knowledgeable on all holistic offerings and solutions to any upset belly problems.
Plenty of style to choose from!
4. Live in Charleston, but spending time on Kiawah Island? Dolittle’s has a store there too. In fact, they have three locations; Mt. Pleasant, Charleston, Kiawah Island.
5. Searching for a new collar, lead, or harness for your pet? Dolittle’s carries many different Up Country patterns. Some of their best selling designs are Big Bones, Seaglass, and Hearts and Flowers.
Self washes are stocked with everything you need for one clean dog!
6. Dirty pup? All three of Dolittle’s stores have self-service dog washes. Leave with a clean doggo, and your bathroom unharmed.
7. Too busy to pick up Fido’s food? You guessed it, Dolittle’s even has delivery service! Talk about convenience.
8. Love to dress up and celebrate Halloween with your furry friend? Dolittles hosts an annual Halloween Party where you can have a howling good time. They also host numerous meetup groups over the year.
The next time you are in the area be sure to stop by, say hi to Ric, and shop the latest and greatest pet in supplies. #UpCountryRetailer
Brennan and Tugger.
We were saddened to hear of the recent passing of a great friend to the animal world, Brennan Clipp. Brennan was the much loved “Mommers” to Tugger of TuggerTails. She brought joy to thousands of devoted followers, detailing the fun filled antics of Tugger and his four legged siblings Tate and CC on social media. Tugger appeared in our 2017 catalog after winning our Be A Star contest, and has been an Up Country dog since he was a puppy.
Brennan’s love of animals was a huge part of her life, and Take Me Home Dog Rescue was a favorite organization that she supported in many ways. As Brennan’s family has said “We can’t think of a better way to celebrate her life’s passion than to find a good home for animals in need. Please consider the rewarding experience of adopting or fostering a homeless animal.”
To donate visit Take Me Home Dog Rescue at www.tmhpr.com.