Our “The Twelve Days of Be Merry” is here! There is an emergency at the North Pole! Santa made too many presents this year and needs help giving them away. So, it's Minnie to the rescue! For the next twelve days, Minnie will be giving away Santa's extra presents to deserving good dogs, cats and owners - starting today! Check back HERE everyday to see, “What's Minnie giving away today?”
What did you do for Giving Tuesday? We thought it was perfect timing to present our winner’s shelter donations on the day that celebrates the act of giving to others.
Our Be Thankful contest winner ZoeyPug asked that her donation go to M.O.P.S. a terrific organization based in Illinois. MOPS stands for Making Our Pugs Safe, and their mission is to provide assistance and care to pure bred pugs in need. M.O.P.S. works with animal shelters, owner relinquishments and stray pure-bred pugs, fostering them until they are ready for their new homes.
Zoey’s owner told us that her chosen rescue “is on intake hold so that amount of money will make a big difference for them and allow them to save more dogs! I am so happy you chose us!” We are thrilled that our gift of $250.00, in ZoeyPug’s name, is going to help more pugs reach foster parents and new owners that love and cherish this special breed. Zoey also chose our Swiss Dot collar and lead set as part of her personal prize which also included a treats and cuddle toy.
We were so overwhelmed with thankfulness when we read our contest entries, we decided to award a second prize to a runner up. SugarCubeDog, or Sweet Sugar is a mixed breed that her mom is very thankful for, especially after a loss in their family. “I'm thankful for Sugar because she has made me smile after losing my other dog.” There’s nothing like a four-legged friend to help you through the tough times!
SugarCubeDog’s owner’s shelter of choice is the Denver Dumb Friends League where she adopted all of her dogs. If you are wondering about the unusual name (as we were!) here’s an explanation from the shelter. “When our organization was founded in 1910, it was named after a London, England, animal welfare group called “Our Dumb Friends League.” In those days, the term “dumb” was widely used to refer to animals because they lacked the power of human speech.”
The DDFL does wonderful work, in fact last year they adopted out over 17,000 pets and 88 equines. We were happy to donate $100.00 in honor of Sweet Sugar who came from that very same place! Sugar also chose the Owl collar and lead set, along with her treats and cuddle toy.
Thank you to all that entered our contest especially our winners! And we hope you enjoyed Giving Tuesday as much as we did!
Are you thankful for your four legged fur babies? Share a photo and caption telling us why you are thankful. Win Up Country goodies and $250.00 for your favorite shelter.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
SHORT RULES AND REGULATIONS:
Post a photo of your pet that reflects how they inspire you to Be Thankful this holiday season on either Facebook, Instagram or Twitter that includes a short caption of how/why the contestant’s pet inspires you to Be Thankful. Contestant can submit as many photos as they like.
Tag @upcountryinc as appropriate
Accounts, as applicable, must be made public during the duration of the contest and one week after.
Open to residents of the US only.
Contest runs from Friday, 11/14/14 at 8:00 am EST through Sunday, 11/23/14 at 12:00 am EST.
One winner will be chosen by Up Country employees on Tuesday, 11/25/14.
LONG RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. Eligibility: Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to those who sign up at the online contest page and who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. The contest is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Up Country Inc. (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Up Country Inc., as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter starting on or about November 14, 2014 and ending November 23, 2014. All online entries must be received by November 23, 2014 11:59PM EST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting a photo entry on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Up Country Inc. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple Instagram accounts, addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Up Country Inc.
5. Prizes: All winners will be selected on or about November 23, 2014. One photo winner will be chosen by Up Country, Inc. employees to receive the following Up Country Inc. prizes: Up Country, Inc. collar and lead of the winner’s choice, as well as a $250 (two hundred and fifty dollars) donation to the winner’s animal shelter or rescue league of choice. Total prize value is approximately $315.00. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Up Country Inc. to use winner's name, likeness and image submissions and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Contest will be selected under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winner will be notified via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter by the username they entered the Contest with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Up Country Inc. shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' social media account settings, other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Up Country Inc., anyone acting on behalf of Up Country Inc., or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Up Country Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Up Country Inc. may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Up Country Inc. Up Country Inc. reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Up Country Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or app or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Up Country Inc. reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
If applicable, by entering the Contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Up Country Inc. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Up Country Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND PROVIDENCE COUNTY, RHODE ISLAND, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in RHODE ISLAND having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Up Country Inc., 76 Boyd Avenue, East Providence, RI 02914 Phone: 800-541-5909 Requests must be received no later than November 28, 2014.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Up Country Inc., 76 Boyd Avenue, East Providence, RI 02914, Phone: 800-541-5909.
Thanks to everyone who entered our BeStylish contest on Instagram. It was our first time running a promotion on this channel and our fans didn’t let us down! From adorable BeBFF dachshunds to BeSpooky pugs, we received clever, creative, and heartwarming photos that brought smiles to our faces each and every day.
We had over 500 entries and couldn’t be more pleased. The winners below were randomly selected for each theme (thank you, random.org!) Winners received the Up Country product the dog was wearing in the photo challenge example post. So fun!
In the end, not only did we get to give out some of our favorite goodies, but we also received some wonderful photos as well. All in all, it was a win-win!
When Jen lost her mother, she lost her will. That is, until she met Bryan.
This is my best friend, Bryan, and this is our story! In November of 2011, my mom passed away from leukemia. She only lived 17 days after being diagnosed so we weren't prepared for it at all. I had moved from Iowa to Texas in February of the same year, so shortly after her services I returned to Texas.
Having only a few friends close by, I was beginning to feel myself go downhill fast. One day, right before Christmas, my boss took me to a pet store to “just look” at the puppies to try and cheer me up. We walked into the store and there was a wire pen in the middle of the store with a scared to death little dog in the corner on some newspapers. The owners told us that he was left there the day before by someone who said they needed to get rid of the “most timid” dog. He'd been left outside with a few other big dogs.
I sat down next to him and started talking to him. My boss said, “Just pick him up and see what he does.” I picked him up and he immediately put his paws around my neck and his chin on my shoulder. I started crying and I'm pretty sure he started crying too. I carried him all around the store like that and just whispered in his ear that he was safe now.
I did the paperwork and got everything he needed and then took him back to the office. He didn't know how to go through the door, which broke my heart. Bryan and I have been inseparable ever since and anyone who knows me, knows that I call him my lifesaver and best friend.
Sadly, I probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for him. Then, a year after I got Bryan, I adopted Minnie and the two of them are best friends. Minnie got me involved in a rescue group in Dallas and I now own 6 dogs and have fostered almost 50 in the last year, not to mention the many friends I've made along the way.
I miss my mom every day, but when I look at Bryan, I know that he was put in my path for a reason.
Do you have a comment or questions? Don't make us beg! Get in touch with us here!