Ric makes sure Dolittle's carries only the best food for your pup.
In 1999 Ric Simmons made his dream a reality and opened Dolittle’s, recently named “Charleston's Best Local Pet Store.” Ric grew up with both dogs and cats developing a deep connection to them. So when it came time to choose a career path he zeroed in on what he loved most. After taking an introspective road trip with his wife, they decided to open a “crossbreed” pet boutique with both necessities and unique accessories. Today, Dolittle's is a community of pet lovers and owners who have a common goal in mind; improving their pet's lives with high-quality goods and natural pet food.
Service doesn't get more personal than at Dolittle's!
Dolittle’s will make you feel at home the minute you step through the front door. Ask for guidance, seek advice, and leave satisfied with your four-legged friend. In case you needed any more reasons to stop by, here are eight more to shop at Dolittles:
1. Need dog food, but would also like to browse the best new pet products? Dolittle’s has it all. From a variety of food options to unique accessories made right here in the US, they’ve got you covered.
2. Love to shop for your pet, and your pet is a cat? Dolittle’s isn’t just limited to all things dog. Ric and his wife expanded their offerings to products that will satisfy cat lovers and owners too.
3. Need advice on switching your pet’s food? Dolittle’s staff are knowledgeable on all holistic offerings and solutions to any upset belly problems.
Plenty of style to choose from!
4. Live in Charleston, but spending time on Kiawah Island? Dolittle’s has a store there too. In fact, they have three locations; Mt. Pleasant, Charleston, Kiawah Island.
5. Searching for a new collar, lead, or harness for your pet? Dolittle’s carries many different Up Country patterns. Some of their best selling designs are Big Bones, Seaglass, and Hearts and Flowers.
Self washes are stocked with everything you need for one clean dog!
6. Dirty pup? All three of Dolittle’s stores have self-service dog washes. Leave with a clean doggo, and your bathroom unharmed.
7. Too busy to pick up Fido’s food? You guessed it, Dolittle’s even has delivery service! Talk about convenience.
8. Love to dress up and celebrate Halloween with your furry friend? Dolittles hosts an annual Halloween Party where you can have a howling good time. They also host numerous meetup groups over the year.
The next time you are in the area be sure to stop by, say hi to Ric, and shop the latest and greatest pet in supplies. #UpCountryRetailer
Brennan and Tugger.
We were saddened to hear of the recent passing of a great friend to the animal world, Brennan Clipp. Brennan was the much loved “Mommers” to Tugger of TuggerTails. She brought joy to thousands of devoted followers, detailing the fun filled antics of Tugger and his four legged siblings Tate and CC on social media. Tugger appeared in our 2017 catalog after winning our Be A Star contest, and has been an Up Country dog since he was a puppy.
Brennan’s love of animals was a huge part of her life, and Take Me Home Dog Rescue was a favorite organization that she supported in many ways. As Brennan’s family has said “We can’t think of a better way to celebrate her life’s passion than to find a good home for animals in need. Please consider the rewarding experience of adopting or fostering a homeless animal.”
To donate visit Take Me Home Dog Rescue at www.tmhpr.com.